I recently ran a Facebook event to celebrate the release of my new children's book, Aerwyn The Girl Who Dreams. Here are some of the fantastic responses I got when I asked the question, why should children read?
1. Because it stimulates their imagination, and takes them to places they'd never go otherwise.
2. Life skills. It expands imagination and knowledge. Everyone can enter a new world in a book.
3. Reading takes them to new worlds. and introduces them to things a parent can't always explain succinctly.
4. It takes them to a new world where they can be anything they want to be there sometimes like to draw the pics and if mum and dad read with them it's bonding.
5. It gives them multiple ways to overcome bullies.
6. So, so many reasons - but for me the biggest one is building empathy.
7. Reading is the road to success, you need reading to have a successful life and career. Knowledge. My daughter loves to read.
If you'd like to find out more about Aerwyn, you can check it out on Amazon or Waterstones
You can also add it to your TBR list on Goodreads